Wednesday, June 14, 2006
I've just had a pint thrown on me!
Just ten minutes ago, I've had a pint thrown on me! I was sitting, talking to a girl about theology, and disagreeing about the trinity (she has moved from a trinitarian view to an arian Unitarian one. We were talking about the divinity of Jesus, and I mentioned to her that her viewpoint would be, by most orthodox Christian standards be a form of Heresy. We moved on to talking about what the 'orthodox' benchmark of Christianity, which I think most would agree to be the Nicene creed (with or without filioque clause - thereby avoiding all the things about Virgin Birth and mary etc - a common denominator if you will). She may have got confused at this point, as she was trying to claim that the Greek Orthodox church was founded by Arians, but then she picked up her pint and threw it over me. Now, I've been used to reasond religious discussion with the likes of Greg and John for the past few months, I may have said things that she didn't like, such as asking her wether she thought she was following the Truth, or forming a religion for her, where she could believe what she wanted. I may have said that what she was saying was heresy, but we were having, what I thought was, a reasonable chat about doctrine. Whatever was wrong, I didn't expect to be covered in her Guinness. I've just had a shower, and'll be going down there in a few minutes to carry on with my night out with friends, as I may well be off home tomorrow.
*edit*
It would seem that the new nickname of 'Athanasius' would be apt for my defence of the Trinity - if that's the case then "Make it so".
*edit*
It would seem that the new nickname of 'Athanasius' would be apt for my defence of the Trinity - if that's the case then "Make it so".